Absolutely. Based on Anshuket’s resume, the interview will likely focus heavily on MERN stack, backend APIs, JavaScript, React, MongoDB, DSA, OOP, and the two projects—especially the Hostel Management System.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Absolutely. Based on Anshuket’s resume, the interview will likely focus heavily on MERN stack, backend APIs, JavaScript, React, MongoDB, DSA, OOP, and the two projects—especially the Hostel Management System.
1. Tell me about yourself.
Answer:
“My name is Anshuket. I’m a Computer Science undergraduate and a MERN Stack Developer. I have experience building full-stack applications using React.js, React Native, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, and JavaScript.
One of my main projects is a Hostel Management System where I developed features like attendance, complaints, leave management, reporting, role-based access control, and an admin dashboard. I also implemented geofencing-based attendance using the Google Maps API.
I have also worked on a Skill-Based Task Distribution System using HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python, where tasks are assigned based on employee skills, expertise, and availability.
Along with development, I’m comfortable with REST APIs, OOP, DSA, Git, GitHub, and Postman. I’m currently looking for a Software Developer, Backend Developer, or Full Stack Developer opportunity where I can contribute and continue improving my technical skills.”
2. Explain your Hostel Management System.
Answer:
“The Hostel Management System is a full-stack platform designed to manage hostel operations digitally.
It has different users such as students, wardens, and administrators. The system manages attendance, complaints, leave requests, and reports.
I used React.js for the web interface, React Native for the mobile interface, Node.js and Express.js for backend APIs, and MongoDB for database management.
One important feature I implemented was geofencing-based attendance using the Google Maps API. I also implemented role-based access control so that students, wardens, and admins have different permissions.
Finally, I created an admin dashboard for monitoring activities and generating reports.”
Your resume specifically mentions these features.
3. Why did you choose the MERN stack?
Answer:
“I chose the MERN stack because it allows me to use JavaScript across the frontend and backend. React provides a component-based approach for building user interfaces, Node.js and Express.js are useful for creating scalable REST APIs, and MongoDB works well with JavaScript-based applications because of its document-oriented structure.
It also allows faster development because the entire application can be built using a consistent JavaScript ecosystem.”
4. What is React.js?
Answer:
“React.js is a JavaScript library used for building user interfaces, especially single-page applications.
React uses reusable components, which makes applications easier to develop and maintain. It also uses a virtual DOM to efficiently update the UI when the application state changes.”
5. What is a component in React?
Answer:
“A component is a reusable building block of a React application. It can contain its own UI, logic, and state.
For example, in a hostel management application, we could create separate components for the Navbar, Attendance, Complaint Form, Leave Request, and Admin Dashboard.”
6. Props vs State in React?
Answer:
| Props | State |
|---|---|
| Passed from parent to child | Managed inside a component |
| Read-only | Can be changed |
| Used to pass data | Used to manage dynamic data |
| Controlled by parent | Controlled by component |
Interview answer:
“Props are used to pass data from a parent component to a child component, while state is used to manage data that can change inside a component.”
7. What is Node.js?
Answer:
“Node.js is a JavaScript runtime environment that allows JavaScript to run outside the browser. It is commonly used for backend development and API development.
It uses an event-driven and non-blocking I/O model, which makes it suitable for applications that handle many concurrent requests.”
8. What is Express.js?
Answer:
“Express.js is a lightweight web framework for Node.js. It simplifies backend development by providing routing, middleware, request handling, and response handling.
I used Express.js in my Hostel Management System to create RESTful APIs for features such as attendance, complaints, leave management, and user management.”
9. What is a REST API?
Answer:
“REST stands for Representational State Transfer. A REST API allows different applications or components to communicate over HTTP.
Common HTTP methods are:
- GET — retrieve data
- POST — create data
- PUT/PATCH — update data
- DELETE — remove data
For example, in my hostel project, an API could use GET to retrieve attendance records and POST to create an attendance record.”
10. What is middleware in Express?
Answer:
“Middleware is a function that runs between receiving a request and sending the response. It can be used for authentication, authorization, logging, validation, and error handling.
For example, I can create authentication middleware that checks whether a user has a valid token before allowing access to an admin API.”
11. What is MongoDB?
Answer:
“MongoDB is a NoSQL document-oriented database. Instead of storing data primarily in rows and tables like a relational database, MongoDB stores data in collections containing documents.
I used MongoDB in my Hostel Management System to store application data.”
Your resume lists MongoDB as the database used in this project.
12. MongoDB vs SQL?
Answer:
“SQL databases are relational and generally organize data into tables with predefined schemas. MongoDB is a NoSQL database that stores data as flexible documents.
SQL is useful when relationships and transactions are very important, while MongoDB can be convenient when the data structure is flexible and rapid development is required.”
13. What is JWT?
Answer:
“JWT stands for JSON Web Token. It is commonly used for authentication.
After successful login, the server can generate a token containing relevant information. The client sends that token with subsequent requests, and the server verifies it before providing access to protected resources.”
14. What is Role-Based Access Control?
Answer:
“Role-Based Access Control, or RBAC, means controlling access based on the user's role.
In my Hostel Management System, different roles include students, wardens, and administrators. Each role has different permissions. For example, an admin can access the dashboard and reports, while a student may primarily access their attendance, complaints, and leave features.”
Your resume explicitly mentions RBAC for these three roles.
15. Explain the geofencing attendance feature.
Answer:
“The purpose of the feature was to make attendance more reliable and reduce manual entry.
The system uses location information with the Google Maps API to determine whether the student is within the permitted hostel/geofenced area. If the location satisfies the defined condition, the attendance can be recorded.
This helps reduce manual attendance errors and improves the accuracy of attendance tracking.”
The resume identifies this as a Google Maps API-based geofencing feature.
16. What was your role in the project?
Answer:
“My role was focused on developing the application end-to-end. I worked on the frontend using React.js and React Native, backend APIs using Node.js and Express.js, database integration with MongoDB, RBAC, and the geofencing attendance functionality.”
Important: Only say this if it accurately reflects your actual contribution.
17. What is JavaScript?
Answer:
“JavaScript is a high-level programming language primarily used for web development. It can be used on the frontend with technologies such as React and on the backend using Node.js.
JavaScript supports concepts such as functions, objects, asynchronous programming, promises, and event-driven programming.”
18. What is the difference between var, let, and const?
Answer:
“
varis function-scoped, whileletandconstare block-scoped.
letallows reassignment, whereasconstdoes not allow reassignment of the variable.In modern JavaScript, I generally prefer
letandconstbecause their block-scoping behavior makes code easier to manage.”
19. What is a Promise?
Answer:
“A Promise represents the eventual completion or failure of an asynchronous operation.
It can have three states: pending, fulfilled, or rejected.
For example, when making an API request, the Promise allows us to handle the response using
.then()and errors using.catch(), or we can useasync/await.”
20. What is async/await?
Answer:
“
async/awaitis a cleaner way to work with Promises.An
asyncfunction returns a Promise, andawaitpauses execution within that async function until the Promise is settled.It makes asynchronous code easier to read compared with deeply nested Promise callbacks.”
21. What is OOP?
Answer:
“OOP stands for Object-Oriented Programming. It is a programming approach based around objects and classes.
The four major principles are:
- Encapsulation
- Abstraction
- Inheritance
- Polymorphism
OOP helps organize large applications into reusable and maintainable components.”
OOP is listed among your resume's core concepts.
22. What is the difference between an array and a linked list?
Answer:
“An array stores elements in contiguous memory and provides fast random access using an index.
A linked list consists of nodes where each node stores data and a reference to another node.
Array access is generally O(1), while accessing an arbitrary element in a linked list is O(n). Linked lists can be advantageous for certain insertion and deletion operations.”
23. What is time complexity?
Answer:
“Time complexity describes how the running time of an algorithm grows as the input size increases.
Common complexities include:
- O(1) — constant
- O(log n) — logarithmic
- O(n) — linear
- O(n log n)
- O(n²) — quadratic”
24. What is the difference between Stack and Queue?
Answer:
“A Stack follows LIFO — Last In, First Out.
A Queue follows FIFO — First In, First Out.
A stack is commonly used for function calls, recursion, and undo operations, while a queue can be used for scheduling and request processing.”
25. Explain your Skill-Based Task Distribution System.
Answer:
“It is a web-based task allocation system designed to distribute tasks based on employee skills, expertise, and availability.
I worked with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python. The Python backend handles task management, user data processing, and automated assignment.
The system also provides features for task creation, skill management, and status tracking. It was developed as a team project with four members.”
These details come directly from the resume.
26. Why should we hire you?
Strong answer:
“I believe you should hire me because I have practical experience building full-stack applications rather than only theoretical knowledge.
I have worked with React, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, REST APIs, and JavaScript, and I have experience developing projects from the frontend to the backend.
I also have a strong interest in improving my DSA and problem-solving skills. I’m comfortable learning new technologies and working in a team.
As a fresher, I may not know everything, but I’m willing to learn quickly, take responsibility, and contribute consistently to the team.”
27. What are your strengths?
Answer:
“My main strengths are problem-solving, willingness to learn, and hands-on development.
I enjoy taking a problem and converting it into a working application. I’m also comfortable working across frontend and backend technologies, which helps me understand the complete flow of an application.”
28. What is your weakness?
Good fresher answer:
“One area I’m currently improving is my ability to deeply optimize solutions under time constraints. Sometimes I spend extra time trying to make a solution more complete. I’m working on this by practicing DSA problems with time limits and focusing on identifying the simplest efficient solution first.”
29. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Answer:
“In five years, I want to become a strong software engineer who can independently design and develop scalable applications. I want to deepen my expertise in backend and full-stack development, take ownership of larger projects, and eventually contribute to technical decisions and mentor junior developers.”
30. Do you have any questions for us?
Never say “No.”
Ask one of these:
“What would you expect from a developer in the first three months?”
or
“What technologies does the development team currently work with?”
or
“How do you measure success for someone joining this role?”
🔥 Questions you should prepare next
Because these are directly connected to your resume, I would prioritize them:
MERN
- React Hooks
-
useStatevsuseEffect - Virtual DOM
- React component lifecycle
- Node.js event loop
- Express middleware
- REST API design
- JWT authentication
- MongoDB queries
- SQL vs MongoDB
JavaScript
11. Closures
12. Hoisting
13. Promises
14. async/await
15. Callback
16. Event loop
17. map, filter, reduce
18. == vs ===
DSA
19. Two Sum
20. Reverse a string
21. Palindrome
22. Second largest element
23. Remove duplicates
24. Array rotation
25. Binary search
26. Stack/Queue
27. Linked List
28. Sorting algorithms
Project
29. Why did you choose this architecture?
30. What was the hardest problem you faced?
31. How did you design your database?
32. How does authentication work?
33. How does RBAC work?
34. How does geofencing work?
35. What would you improve if given more time?
HR
36. Tell me about yourself.
37. Why should we hire you?
38. Why this company?
39. Strengths and weaknesses.
40. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
If you're preparing specifically for a fresher Software Developer/MERN interview, these 40 questions are a very good starting set.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment